Family Support Network
The Family Support Network addresses the needs of families with children who have multiple challenges including social, emotional, developmental, behavioral and educational. Our program is a network of family empowerment, strength-based interventions and recovery services offering ongoing support and encouragement to families.
Our network will offer 6 categories of Family Support Services including the following:
- Outreach and Information – a resource hub for families and their child, tailoring specific needs to targeted resources.
- Engagement, Bridging and Transition Support – a bridge and advocate between families and providers.
- Self-Advocacy, Self-Efficacy and Empowerment – develop self-advocacy techniques to navigate barriers to assistance.
- Community Connections and Natural Supports – helps families draw upon existing supports to enable change
- Parent Skill Development – work on strategies to strengthen families’ ability to support their child’s and other family member challenges.
- Promoting Effective Family Driven Practice – family leadership training and resources to community providers that work with children and families.
Service settings include:
- Individual and group on-site family meetings
- Home and community interventions
- Telephone and Skype contacts
Referrals for our network come from 853 schools and local providers.