Family Connections Program
Who We are
The Family Connections Program is a new evidenced based model that works primarily with families referred by the Administration for Children’s Services but can work with families that are referred from community based services or are self-referred. Our services help families acquire the tools, skills, and support they need to nurture and raise their children in a safe and secure home.
Families come to us in times of crisis or under stress. With the help of our supportive services, counseling and advocacy, we help parents embark on paths to greater stability and security for themselves and their children.
How We Do it
- By working with parent(s)/caretakers and with other people in their families and neighborhoods that they have identified as important to them.
- By working with parent(s)/caretakers, helping them identify their strengths that help meet their children’s needs and their own needs.
- Services include: Individual and family counseling, parenting skills and support, linkage to community resources, crisis intervention, support for special needs children, entitlement advocacy.
Why We Do it
We know that raising children isn’t easy. It can bring enormous joy and sometimes it can feel like an incredible challenge. Family Connections provides help to families when they need it, in ways that work for everyone.
Program Eligibility Criteria
- Lives in geographic catchment area
- Family has at least 1 child below the age of 18
- Family is willing to participate in services for at least 1 hour per week.