Saint Dominic's Family Services has a centralized Intake Department; its mission is to ensure that all persons seeking services are referred to the most appropriate and least restrictive level of care, within the agency.
Created in 2006, the Intake Department is responsible for overseeing, receiving, processing referrals and intake related activities from the following funding sources:
- New York State Office of Children and Family Services
- New York State Office of People with Developmental Disabilities
- New York State Office of Mental Health
- New York State Education Department
- New York City Administration for Children Services
In addition, the Intake Department monitors length of stay, discharges and ensures entitlement and eligibility meets regulatory mandates and program guidelines.
The Intake Department monitors trends for the agency to ensure it can effectively respond to new and emerging needs.
The Intake Department is accessible 24 hours a day 7 days a week at its central location in Blauvelt, New York (845) 359-3400. After 5 PM and on weekends the department can be reached via pager at (917) 883-2452.